Master Halco, one of the nation's largest wholesale distributors of fencing products has an immediate opportunity available for an experienced Welder. Cuts, prepares and lays-up pipe sections on table or jig and welds using MIG/ARC welding equipment and techniques. Works from sales order and/or verbal instructions in locating material and processing. May perform miscellaneous welding on occasion and fabricate/fill welded gate frames.
1. Using verbal or written instruction from sales orders, locates material from stock in warehouse or yard and transports it ot a pipe preparation/welding area.
2. Notches, bends and swedges pipe sections, as needed using power equipment and cuts pipe to indicated lengths using a tape measure and pipe cutting equipment.
3. Lays out pipe sections on a jig or table and welds with MIG/ARC welding equipment and techniques, applies cold galvanizing solution to protect welds.
4. Maintains welding equipment by changing gas bottles and welding wire, as well as some maintenance to welding equipment and other miscellaneous machinery.
5. Inspects completed gate frame for proper specifications using tape measure and square.
6. May assist in gate fabrication including gate filling and addition of fittings and scrolling using hand tools.
7. May perform miscellaneous duties depending upon size of the branch including loading/unloading trucks, filling customer orders, etc.
8. May operate other machinery such as forklifts.
9. May be required to go to job sites and make adjustments on gates for customers who are having problems with installation due to damage during shpping on fabrication.
1. 3-5 yrs. welding experience with MIG,ARC welding and torch cutting and previous fence experience.
2. Able to perform own layouts and use jigs.
3. Physically able to lift 75 lbs repeatedly.
4. Must be able to work around heat and chemicals.
Why Join Master Halco?
Master Halco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Master Halco is fully committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and maintaining a workplace free of discrimination and harassment based on race, gender, religion, age, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information and other non-merit factors. All persons shall be afforded equal employment opportunity at Master Halco
Master Halco prohibits discrimination in all aspects of its personnel policies, program practices and operations and relationships with employees and applicants, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring and merit promotion. Master Halco promotes programs of affirmative recruitment and employment at all levels of Master Halco. Master Halco subscribes to, and will implement to the full extent, all applicable laws that promote equality of opportunity.
Master Halco welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons. Master Halco is firmly committed to satisfying its affirmative obligations under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, to ensure that persons with disabilities have every opportunity to be hired and advanced on the basis of merit within Master Halco.