A manufacturer/distributor of fencing products in North America has an immediate opportunity for a Plant Manager. The Plant Manager will guide the business in maintaining and improving its competitive manufacturing positions and profitability. Responsible for the plant P&L and management of all areas so that products are manufactured on-schedule, within quality standards and in line with cost objectives.
• Direct the overall activities of the plant to ensure customer orders are received, scheduled, produced and shipped on time at the lowest possible cost to meet the customers’ requirements, while maintaining established quality standards and fastest lead times.
• Analyze plant operations to ensure that the facility maintains its competitive edge in the industry and that it takes advantage of new processes and technologies that become available.
• Ensure that appropriate standard operating procedures (SOP’s) are developed and maintained for all functions under his/her scope of responsibility. Statistically show that operations are in control.
• Understand, support and provide detailed, hands-on leadership for operational improvements (e.g., automation, set-up reduction, quality, scrap reduction, lead-time reduction) and instill a “customer first” culture within the departments to achieve high quality products, targeted sales growth and profit results.
• Establish and maintain an effective system of communication and adequate information flow throughout.
• BA/BS (MBA a plus) Degree
• 10+ years’ experience in manufacturing management with a minimum of 5 years’ P&L responsibility with experience managing a significant segment of a large manufacturer or the entire operation of a smaller manufacturer.
• Experience working with manufacturing based technology, processes and principles is preferred.
• 5 years’ experience with Lean Manufacturing, 5S, and quality systems.
Why Join our Company?
Master Halco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Master Halco is fully committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and maintaining a workplace free of discrimination and harassment based on race, gender, religion, age, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information and other non-merit factors. All persons shall be afforded equal employment opportunity at Master Halco
Master Halco prohibits discrimination in all aspects of its personnel policies, program practices and operations and relationships with employees and applicants, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring and merit promotion. Master Halco promotes programs of affirmative recruitment and employment at all levels of Master Halco. Master Halco subscribes to, and will implement to the full extent, all applicable laws that promote equality of opportunity.
Master Halco welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons. Master Halco is firmly committed to satisfying its affirmative obligations under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, to ensure that persons with disabilities have every opportunity to be hired and advanced on the basis of merit within Master Halco.