Master Halco, North America’s leading manufacturer/distributor of fencing and perimeter security products is seeking a MFG Specialist 2. The MFG Specialist operates complex wire coating/extruding machine including threading wire, loading with PVC and dye, speed, temperature and finish gauge.
This is a very exciting time to join our company. We are continuing to grow (70 locations), introducing new products, making technological investments, and implementing innovative marketing strategies. We are also focused on our people -- our most important resource. At Master Halco, we believe in transparency, open communication, and rewarding success with a path to fully develop your potential while building a career.
1) Selects correct gauge and finish of wire for coating using verbal instructions from Supervisor.
2) Loads machine with wire stand and threads machine with wire end.
3) Selects correct dye material from verbal instructions, measures and loads into machine. Loads machine with PVC pellets.
4) Selects speed and temperature setting and starts machine. Monitors machine operation and watches for tangles and obstructions. Corrects minor problems and notifies Supervisor of major problems.
5) Visually inspects quality of wire as it comes from machine and performs mechanical inspection on the gauge of coating using micrometer and other equipment.
6) Cleans the machine between color changes and performs periodic minor maintenance including oiling and minor repairs and adjustments as needed.
7) Weighs and tags all extruded wire
8) Prepares wire for ship-out to plants and customers.
9) Keeps own and adjacent work area clean.
10) Performs related and incidential work assignments as directed.
1) Physically able to lift 75 lbs. occassionally.
2) Ability to work overtime (including weekends) as needed.
MASTER HALCO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER